Fingerprints are everywhere...

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Well, we've done it... We now have our own blog! Our family has doubled this year with the edition of seven-year old twins!! We are very excited to see what God has planned for our little family. For those of you who might not know the story, let me fill you in...

Kim and I decided to head down the road to adoption about a year and a half ago. We started the lengthy process that CA requires for adoption (classes, fingerprints, background checks, home studies). As we were beginning, our dishwasher leaked which ruined the flooring in the kitchen, dining area, and entry way. So, being as we were getting new floors, we decided to get new kitchen cabinets first... :-) Oh my! Well, we finally finished (enough for the state of CA any way) and were cleared to have kids in our house. This all culminated at the beginning of April, the end of tax season for me. We were thinking we would have some time to finish up a few little things before being introduced to prospective kids, but God's timing is very different from ours... We ended up meeting the kids on the 8th of April and bringing them into our home on the 14th!

Their names are Selina and Mateo... (You may notice his nametag says "Diego", we have since changed his name.) This is a picture of them at the Easter Egg Hunt at our church the day before Easter.

We have had a blast with them the last four months!! As time allows, I hope to have pictures from the last few months up, so you can see just how cute they are!!

Leave us a comment or drop us an email, we would love to hear from you. We hope and pray that all is well with all of you.

2 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Welcome to BlogWorld!
Having been an adopted child myself, let me be the first on your blog to congratulate you on your two new kids!!!
According to your post, they have been well 'edited!'

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Matt and Kim (and kids)! I'm so glad to finally know how to find your "new" blog! (Jim just gave me the url tonight.)

As Rebecca already said, Welcome to blog world! I'll stick your blog link on my blog so I can easily check in and see what's new with you guys.

Now, how on earth did Rebecca (a blogging acquaintance of mine) find your blog??? I've never seen your blog before and she has beat me to your site!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home